Creepy Jar, an independent studio made up of ex-Techland Warsaw team members (Dying Light, Dead Island, Nail’d), are excited to announce that their first-person, psychological survival simulator, Green Hell will be hitting Steam Early Access on August 29th, 2018! Set in the uncharted depths of the sweltering Amazon rainforest players will be challenged at every turn in a desperate quest for survival. From the harsh rainforest environment to its wild inhabitants, the player may never know friend from foe until it’s too late.
Upon the Early Access release, players will be able to dive into a full one half of the final map, encounter five dangerous and hostile creatures, and learn how to inspect their bodies for all kinds of wounds, infections, and parasitic nasties. Not only that, they can get a sneak peek into the Story Mode with a fully voiced over tutorial introduction.
Beginning its journey with a huge amount of content, Green Hell players can also look forward to updates containing new tribal enemies, cool new death animations, a water update introducing diving and fishing, and even more languages beyond the initial offerings of English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Stay tuned for more updates on Green Hell’s development roadmap!
- Realistic Survival Simulator – Green Hell puts great focus on realism in both its world building and gameplay. Everything that is crafted or built is necessary for survival, and was consulted on with experts. The Amazon is not a typical forest; threats are literally crawling under your skin.
- Psychological Thriller – Waking up in the middle of the Amazon with no recollection of how you got there or how you’ll get out, the hardest battle you’ll face is the fight against yourself and your weaknesses and fears.
- Fully Alive Amazon Rainforest – Every effort has gone into recreating the lush world of the Amazon in painstaking detail. An exotic and dangerous place, this jungle is filled with many hazards beyond predators including toxic plants, illnesses and infections, all waiting to bring the player to their demise.
- Body Inspection – Dangers lurk around every bend but they also live under your very skin. Paramount to your survival is checking your body for parasites, infections, and wounds. Take care or suffer the consequences.
Sony announced recently that it has sold 3 million PSVR headsets worldwide. Alongside 21.9 million VR games and experiences. To celebrate the milestone, the company has revealed two release dates for highly anticipated PSVR titles.
September 25, 2018
Jump into the ring with a premier VR boxing experience from Survios that puts you in the gloves of Adonis Creed on his journey from an underground amateur to a spotlight champion. Creed: Rise to Glory hits PlayStation VR September 25.
October 9, 2018
In Evasion, play as one of four unique hero classes within an elite special operations team charged with saving an embattled human colony. This intense, sci-fi first-person VR shooter from Archiact hits PlayStation VR October 9.
Top Ten Most Played Titles
The top ten most-played games on the platform span across diverse genres, from action-RPG to horror to first-person shooter, including:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- Rec Room
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard
- The Playroom VR
- Job Simulator
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- Batman: Arkham VR
- Superhot VR
Tune in to Codename Morpheus every other Thursday for more!
Big Pharma dev Twice Circled is excited to announce their aqua-management sim, Megaquarium, is set for release this September on PC, Mac, and Linux!
Sink or swim in Twice Circled’s upcoming aquatic economic management sim. Megaquarium, the new tycoon title from Big Pharma devs, is set open to open shop September 13th on Windows, Mac, and Linux $24.99 USD.
Megaquarium breaks new ground by taking classic tycoon gameplay and applying it to a brand new industry, the unique and challenging business of public aquariums. Gameplay revolves around creating and laying out exhibits, managing the aquarium’s workload among its staff and ensuring the entire endeavour runs at a profit.
Megaquarium’s wide array of aquatic life will keep the player thinking on their fin. With fish, sharks, crustaceans, corals, jellyfish, cephalopods and more, their diverse care requirements will demand attention to detail and strategic thinking. As players advance they’ll unlock new livestock, equipment, guest facilities and more. This all funnels back into the success of their aquarium as layout choice and staff management, create a make-or-break tycoon experience that tests the player to the limit of their creativity and economic ability.
- Run an aquarium business from the ground up. With staff costs, fish food and more to pay for, players will need to keep a constant eye on their bottom-line. Players can also micro-manage to extremely finite details, or focus more on the larger scale aspects.
- Players can choose from nearly 100 aquatic life to exhibit in their aquarium!
- Design an aquarium where strategic layout is key to garner visitor attention and profit
- Hire and manage your aquarium staff. Based on your management style, and choices for positions, your aquarium could run magnificently… or crack under pressure
- Hundreds of hours of research have gone into making Megaquarium as true to life as practicable. Learn and study animal needs, in-game systems, and management skills to become the best!
Megaquarium will be available on Linux, Mac & PC.