Press Release: Get those fists (or paws… or flippers) up, because Brawlout brings the fight to PC, PS4 and Xbox One today. Not only does this mark the game’s launch out of Steam Early Access, but it enables Angry Mob Games to share the beloved party fighting genre with a whole new audience of console owners, following its initial launch on Nintendo Switch. Are you ready for fast-paced, couch and online party multiplayer?
Having gained notoriety for its lovable cast of guest stars, including indie darlings from Hyper Light Drifter and Guacamelee!, mascot platformer extraordinaire Yooka-Laylee is now available as part of Brawlout’s roster. Not to be outdone following the game’s launch earlier this month, Dead Cells’ headless protagonist will also join the fight this Fall, bringing his unique form of weapon-based offence to the arena with a multitude of skills and weapons to master. If you’re looking for a character that can adapt to just about any situation, look no further!
On top of its stellar cast of original and guest characters, Xbox One owners can look forward to an exclusive party mode, offering up five new ways to amp up the dash-n-bash action. Read on for all the details:
Golden Belt: Become the king of the ring! Fight to hold the belt longer than your opponents and fill up your golden meter to win!
Plague: A terrible plague has descended on the arena, dealing damage over time to infected players. Hit other players to pass the plague on and keep on the offensive to eliminate 3 opponents and win!
Sudden Death: Who performs best under pressure? Everyone starts with 300% damage, half a meter of rage burst, and has 1 minute to score as many kills as possible.
Coin Mania: It’s raining gold! Collect gold coins and watch your back – others can steal them from you. The player with the most coins at the end of the time limit wins!
Bomber Blast: Are you ready for explosive action? Players can’t stop dropping bombs – even after they run out of stocks – littering the arena with obstacles that offer a helping hand when it comes to launching others. The last player alive wins!
Brawlout is available now on Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, retailing for $19.99 USD. For more information and all the latest updates, follow Angry Mob Games at the links below.
Brawlout packs a punch with couch and online play modes that feature quick matches over slow-paced, defensive battles. Brawlout goes all-out with lightning-fast aerobatics famously found in classic platform fighters. With wavedashing, a free-form combat system, and a chargeable ‘Rage Meter’ at the player’s disposal, each battle will be a combo-bonanza!
From grappling to long range weapon options, there is a character for all fighting game aficionados. Whether players are looking for a casual couch experience with friends, or to challenge pros in worldwide online tournaments, Brawlout caters to anyone looking to create a little chaos. For those wanting to take part in the mayhem from a safe distance, Brawlout TV is available for spectators to watch ongoing matches.
• Choose from six original combatants (each with variants that change up their look, moves, and playstyle) in addition to guests from indie hits Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee!, Yooka-Laylee, and Dead Cells: bringing the roster to 24!
• Host up to 4 players in online and local battles
• Choose from a number of battle modes including Timed, Stock, or Team Matches
• AI opponents are also available if you want to practice your team combos with a friend, or if you need to fill out a free for all
• Train with Advanced Tutorials or by challenging Arcade Towers
• Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting special attacks, and tap into Rage Mode to swing the match in your favor
• No blocking required – Action is kept fast and fluid with wavedashing, teching, air dodging and other advanced maneuvers
• + new features being added all the time!